The Fashion Awards took place in London’s Albert Hall last night, with the top names in British and international fashion making an appearance.
The big winners included:
- British Emerging Talent – Molly Goddard
- British Menswear Designer – Craig Green
- British Womenswear Designer – Simone Rocha
- British Brand – Alexander McQueen
- International Urban Luxury Brand – Vetements
- International Ready-To-Wear Designer – Demna Gvasalia for Balenciaga
- New Fashion Icons – Jaden and Willow Smith
- International Model – Gigi Hadid
- Outstanding Achievement – Ralph Lauren
Attendees also showcased the most fashion-forward evening wear looks on the red carpet. Here are our picks of the top emerging trends:
- The New Pant Suit – bandeau tops, satin fabrications, wide leg trousers and winter pastels.
- Chinoiserie – mandarin collars, floral jacquards and metallic finishes work for both womenswear and menswear.
- Historical Romance – lace bodices, statement sleeves, frills and flounces.
- Contemporary Kimono – Kimono style dresses in bright white, devoré and floral embroidery, deconstructed silhouettes.
- The New Black – contemporary black column dresses, with statement necklines and minimal styling.
- Cobalt Blue – bright shades of blue catch the eye, used in vibrant prints or contrasted with black.
- About the Boys – peacock dressing for men, with striped satin suits, pastel velvets and statement florals.
USP: Red carpet dressing provides inspiration for evening and party wear for both womenswear and menswear.