Experience, adventure and travel provided inspiration for the Gucci S/S17 menswear show. “With a book, you can travel. If I change the tapestry of my chair, I sit and I travel,” said Alessandro Michele.
Combining mens and womenswear the collection combined influences from around the world – everything from traditional chinese patterns, to Disney characters and a Japonism Hokusai scene.
- The importance of the bomber jacket continues.
- Cropped bleached jeans, stripe roll necks and baker boy caps add a European feel.
- Clever colour combinations continue to push gender boundaries.
- Floral and tropical prints add a fun element.
- Embroidery & embellishment continue to be key.
USP: Confirming our macro trends Beyond for A/W 16/17 and Cultural Exchange for S/S 17 – fashion is inspired by a maximalist take on the world and all it has to offer.