Coachella marks the start of festival season and sets the tone for street style and festival fashion for the coming summer. Now the event is over, we look back the emerging trends from Coachella 2016.
- 1990’s Aaliyah inspired oversized denim – high-waisted jeans and slouchy dungarees styled with cropped Calvin Klein bra tops.
- Pastel and white denim – de-constructed dungarees, distressed rips, and frayed hems.
- Tribal inspired geometric prints in rich colours, moving away from floaty festival florals.
- Sheer black layers in lace and fishnet fabrications, worn with bikini tops and leather.
- Fun badges, emoji-inspired prints and tongue-in-cheek slogans on t-shirts, denim and accessories. Applied to translucent fabrics for a summer twist.
- Super feminine two pieces, with full-length skirts, flirty ruffles and gingham prints.
USP: Festival fashion moves on from hippy florals, denim cut-offs and flower crowns with sheer fabrics, feminine shapes and 90’s sportswear influences.