Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana’s ode to Italy was an extravagant, maximalist affair revelling in excess and with a fitting social media hashtag #italiaislove.
- The importance of the social sell. Models snapped selfies as they strode the runway – flipping the usual audience only insta-gramming on it’s head.
- Florals, stripes, seaside-scapes and ’50s postcard scenes.
- Pjs, shift dresses, car coat/dress suits, capri pants, kick hems skirts – 1950s siren silhouettes.
- Decorative embellishment and embroidered to the max.
- Textural pattern mix.
- Accessories overload – headscarves, tasseled headphones, supersize sunglasses in stripe and bejewelled varieties, basket bags, fruit and floral adorned headbands and giant earrings.
USP: Maximalist decoration, embellishment, print and pattern and over accessorising have been key take aways from the big Italian brands (Prada, Gucci and Dolce) in Milan.