Nicolas Ghesquière’s second collection for Louis Vuitton proved to be both directional and familiar, combining a futuristic approach to fabric with familiar shapes and wearable proportions.
- Floaty tunics and fit and flare dresses feature delicate details and intricate fabrications.
- High necks have a vintage appeal.
- High shine and texture create surface interest on otherwise simple shapes.
- Vintage blues and summer darks.
- High shine leather is cut and colour blocked.
- Cropped fit and flare trousers are a key shape.
- Crushed velvet creates a 70s mood.
USP: Summing up the mood of the season, the LV collection combines surface interest fabrications with simple wearable shapes.